Friday, May 15, 2009

Day Two..

It's Friday, so tomorrow is my Monday. Yuck. I know, I have to think of atleast one thing positive to write here. There's more than one thing today that is positive but I'll start with the thing I'm most proud of. How about that Dale Earnhardt, Jr and 88 team today?! 4th! We didn't short pit, we didn't miss our pit, we didn't mess up during the pit and we are starting 4th tomorrow night! Way to go everyone!

What is that saying? "Can't beat 'em, join 'em." Well, how about this one said by a fellow pitboarder.. "Can't beat 'em, wreck 'em." Of course, its the typical move by Kyle Busch that results in two trucks being torn up, because he's behind them. KUDOS to NASCAR for seeing that and sending him to the tail end of the longest line!

I actually got up today in a good mood, and we went to town. I haven't even wanted to get out of my PJ's over the past couple of days so this was a big step for me. [pat me on the back. or give me a cookie! =].. just kiddin'] I'm in a much better mood, still tonight. We went tanning, and I fried. No lyin'. My legs are as red as Kasey Khane's car.. and my arms are just as red, my freckles are even blending in! YAY! I'm not the color of a ghost anymore, I just look like a tomato! We went to eat, Walmart - I bought Casey and Hunter a pool.. but that was a waste of $10. Should have bought a damn sprinkler. Casey seemed to enjoy biting at the water, more than she did getting into the dang pool. I even got in with her but apparently that wasn't good enough for the dog! Hunter, of course had nothing to do with it. He'll step all in the bucket for the little dogs and make it muddy, but he won't step in a nice clean pool! GO FIGURE!

I even got in the pool with the parentals and had fun! Kami and Malley got in with me and even one point Kami [my 3 lb Chihuahua] jumped into the pool on her own and landed on the floatie! Very scary, but atleast we were out there with her!

Anyways, very proud of Dale Jr and that 88 team, hope it can carry over tomorrow and have a great ALL STAR RACE! WOO!

I work the next two days, which is okay.. I'd enjoy working Saturday and Sundays [can you see me shaking my head no?] but I'll get through it. Sundays are actually easier, I'm in charge and get off at 2! WOO! Then I'm off Monday and Tuesday.. then I work the next 8 days until my next two days off.. Then we should be a little closer to my 10 day VACATION in Destin, Florida! Sitting on the beach, parasailing, fishing.. boogie boarding.. snorkeling and I hope there's a margarita or two thrown in there.

Until next time! =]

Kandice

No comments: