Monday, May 4, 2009

Millions of Admirers

I wrote this a few years ago [January 1, 2007] and I still feel the same way. Forever a fan of Dale Jr!

I don't know how you do it,
millions of admirers, well wishers and fans..
So many places to be, so little time
and it's just you, one man.
The thanks we get every week is you...
...that infamous wink,
or that big smile at the end of the interview.
We can't wait for Fridays to get here..
sitting in front of the TV, waiting for them to say your name
hoping we wont miss out..
on everything..or just anything!

Outside of that, when I tell of my passion,
people laugh in my face...
Don't get me wrong, it doesn't hurt my feelings.
I just look at them and tell them to watch one race..

It's not just forty-three drivers going around a track.
It's the passion to win, the will to drive.
The mentality to keep up, and the talent to come from the back.
Driving three wide, inches apart...
risking your life every second
it all has to be apart of you, deep inside your heart.

I have been forever captured as one of your fans
I just wanted to thank you for everything you do.
Just remember every single day..
every time you start 'er up, we're praying for you.
For you to be okay, to have a great day, and be proud of yourself
and all of your accomplishments. You are a great man
with a heart of gold, the passion to win,
millions of admirers, well wishers and fans.

No comments: