Sunday, June 21, 2009

He's working in mysterious ways

It's been a long, okay day. It's Fathers Day, we went to Church this morning and went out to visit Richard. I did okay during church I wasn't sure how I would handle it because it was the last place I saw my husband. The last place I kissed him and it will be the place I go to for years to come to be close to him. As soon as church was over, I went to him and I just lost it. I always let it all out when I'm there but I feel so much better. I feel like he's there with me.

I came home and sat outside for awhile. Just sitting in a daze. I've been doing that a lot lately, but it's okay. I gave Casey and Hunter Man a bath. It was weird because Hunter actually let me bathe him without fighting me. I like to think I had help, because this dog normally freaks out on me. I could actually picture Richard standing there holding him for me.

I played with the dogs for awhile, the cats.. we spent time with Moo Cow and went and seen the chickens. They're getting big!

8:00 neared and night was growing closer. We had already talked about going out to his site because we put a solar light out there and we wanted to see if it worked.

Dad came in and was standing behind the couch, behind his normal spot at night, with the shower warming up he was watching whatever we had on the tv. Mom was sitting in the floor cleaning out her purse. She stood up and walked over to me, with her hand folded and asked, "does this mean anything to you?" With her hand open she showed me what she had found and I just kept staring at it.

I honestly could not make this kind of thing up in a million years. I just kept staring, she asked me a couple more times and wanted to know if I was okay.

In her hand she held two earrings. One of which I had for years, but had never worn; a diamond cross. The other one was one that Richard had bought me for my last birthday; a pink stone.

Things like this have a huge significance for me, it may not to anyone else, but two earrings, one of which I never wore and another one that I wore all the time.

He's still here. I know that if I can't see him, can't hear him, can't have him near then I will take these crazy kinda things happening to me over nothing.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh Kandice, my heart breaks for you! You are so very young and this is the crappiest club of which to be a member!
I love that you get signs... I have had one, and can only hope for more. I had the (for lack of better word) pleasure? of saying goodbye to Bill and gave him instructions that he could send me a sign, but he was not allowed to haunt me or scare me. Let's hope he abides by the rules!
I love reading about the signs... keep up your blog, I really enjoy it, as I'm sure many do.
Take care,
Jackie Bartak
http://bartak.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hey Kandice, Just wanted to say hello :) I am not going to ask how you are because I read everyday :) I love that your sharing your feelings with everyone! I bet it helps to let other people help you... I don't really know if this is the right thing to say but I don't know how you do it? If something happened to Brandon I think I would just die let myself lay in bed and not talk to people and die... Even if you have a bad day or a bad MIN. You still get on and let people know it and let people in even if its a little bit:) One day it will get better it has too... One day you may even love someone... Anyway I just wanted to say you are sooo strong! You may not think it but you can almost hear it in your words... He will always be there with you like today he may not always show it but he is! Well Love Ya... Have a great day tomorrow! Stay Strong :) Judi Irby